If you are experiencing a problem when opening or using the BBC iPlayer app, updating the Android System WebView via Google Play should now resolve the issue.
1. Navigate to Play Store app
2. Search for Android System WebView
3. Select the "Update" option
BBC iPlayer brings you the latest and greatest TV series and box sets from the BBC. Watch live, on-demand or download to take away with you - all in one app!
Enjoy watching live TV in the palm of your hand, from live news coverage, music and big sport events to great comedies, gripping documentaries and nail-biting dramas. Looking for a little entertainment for the children? Create an account for a more child-friendly experience and your little ones can watch all of their favourite shows from CBBC and CBeebies!
- Discover the latest TV series, box sets and live events: from edge of the seat Line of Duty to out of your seat for the FA Cup. Live and on-demand content like nowhere else.
- Download shows to your device: save all your favourite programmes on your mobile or tablet device so you can watch them offline and at a time that’s convenient for you.
- Pause and restart live TV: just missed the start of a TV episode? Now you can pause and rewind live channels part way through so that you don’t miss a thing!
- Build a playlist of your favourite programmes: can’t watch a programme right now? Just tap the ‘+Add’ button to build your own programme playlist.
- Enjoy the benefits of signing in: start watching on one device and resume watching on another plus receive recommendations of shows we think you might enjoy.
- Stream programmes to your TV using Google Chromecast: please note this requires a supported device and compatible supported device connected to your TV.
The app was developed by Media AT (BBC Media Applications Technologies Limited) which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation). Full details of Media AT are available on the Companies House website at: http://data.companieshouse.gov.uk/doc/company/07100235
- Media Applications Technologies for the BBC
- Android 5.0+